Wednesday, June 30, 2010

More Thrifty Goodness - Airplane shelf


Found in a garage sale, fifty cents. Super cute and just the right height for an airplane-crazy boy to put his treasures on. The propeller spins - probably because the glue has come undone - and we're going to leave it that way. Hope three hooks can hold it on the wall... The pictures above - collages of Cinderella and the Wizard of Oz - were created by my Grammy for me, ages ago. They are really intricately done - as a child I didn't appreciate the time that would go into something like that, but now when I look at them I think of her and wish she could have met my kids so they could have loved her too.

We also made an Ikea run and got a new bookshelf (not shown. I'm not sure putting together a Billy bookshelf counts as a project completed, although I did make it by hand, and it was of course a thrifty purchase.) So another treasure trove - a box of books from my parents' attic - got unpacked and shelved and we have a ton of new reading material for summer. The books that were too old and worn for toddlers to manhandle were moved up to the dresser top. Now I need to keep an eye out for cute bookends at the next garage sales.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails