Monday, July 26, 2010

Camping, and a Cookbook


Our home away from home last week

Late nights around the fire

Days filled with exploring - and spending time with Grammy and Gramp

Amish farm from the car, lots of exploring the countryside. I'd never been to Pennsylvania Dutch country before, we spent a lot of time on Wikipedia looking up the Amish, Mennonite, and Brethren practices and beliefs. *I should mention this was Wikipedia on the phone. It was absolutely lovely and very peaceful to have no computer for a week.

When we got home, I was happy to see the garden not entirely dead, and my new curtains still up which I forgot to show before leaving. They mainly block the light from the sunny side of the kitchen, and are just cheap matchstick blinds lined with black denim and a black and white print. Functional and pretty.

Gramp picked out this cookbook - I can guarantee that nothing in it is low fat. But I'm looking forward to trying some dumplings and other intriguing dishes. And the desserts look delish. Thanks Gramp!

I haven't forgotten the giveaway - update ahead. It will be something crafted by me, which means I can't give it away until I craft it. Ahem. Be right back...
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails