Monday, December 6, 2010

Procrastinating. And Another Advent Calendar

All right, I do know that it is the 6th. That just seems to be how my organizing skills are functioning this year. And this fabric-pocket advent hanging - and the sweet grandchildren cards within - is a fantastic idea. Thanks Florence!

And remember my plans to make at least one tree skirt before we needed one this year? I'll let you guess.

But really, nothing can dampen my spirits about this time of year. I love it. We headed out to the hills yesterday in the howling wind to choose our tree, and sat by the fire and visited with the bunnies on the farm to warm up. When we got home my big big 3 1/2 year old put ALL the glass balls on the tree by himself almost before I had turned around. He found all the hooks he needed, then, full of concentration, walked them each over to the tree, up the step stool, and onto branches. When I asked why he had them all clustered together and suggested he spread them out he explained as if I were completely hopeless:

"Mommy. They're a family."



Hoping you and your family have a wonderful, joyful, and peaceful holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails