Friday, March 11, 2011

Japan Relief

I lived in Japan for 3 1/2 years in my younger days and my heart goes out to the people there.

For more information on donating through the American Red Cross:

Those who want to help can go to www.redcross.org and donate to Japan Earthquake and Pacific Tsunami. People can also text REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation to help those affected by the earthquake in Japan and tsunami throughout the Pacific.

For the Google based people finder (available in English and Japanese):
http://japan.person-finder.appspot.com/

For NHK News in English: http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/index.html

I'm sure Craft Hope will tackle something (they are not really a fast-response group). I'm sure I will figure out something I can do in the next few days more than donate and wait to hear from my friends there. Right now I'm just feeling amazed at the destruction and so sad for the victims and families dealing with loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails