Friday, January 6, 2012

Celestine in Red and Oatmeal

 This was my car project as to Grandmother's house we went.  
I ripped it out after the first two points to dramatically decrease the size and also added the contrast - not just because I only had enough red for about half, but also because I'm on a Scandinavian kick recently and I love how they combine red and white.
 It isn't really a useful object, unless you are a cat or a child that likes to bat things around or throw them up in the air.
But I like it.  Sometimes you can have too much of a focus on the practical, and you need a bit more whimsical in your life!  It was also a great way to use up some moth-eaten bright red wool from long ago that had wound up in my stash - since there isn't a lot of stress on this it won't matter that it is thinner in places - and a few nights ago I put it outside to freeze those critters out.

All notes for making the smaller size are on Ravelry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails