Sunday, January 22, 2012

Lavender Leaf Vest Finished

 
 I started this last summer with linen from Homespun Boutique, my favorite yarn shop.  It was lovely to work with, though tended to split as it is about a 5 or 6 ply.    Also produced a lot of lint when I knitted in the car.  I love the color, and the overall pattern was fun and kept me interested.  I created buttonholes when I did the picot edging but decided I preferred a higher single closing, so I created loops.  Even though I swatched it and sized up for ease, the linen knit tight and crisp, so if I did this pattern as a vest again (it was originally a cardi) I might add a back or side vents.  I'm very pleased with it and can't wait for warmer weather.

Here is a detail of the buttons and loops.  Ravely notes here:  //www.ravelry.com/projects/carolyndw/leaf-and-picot-cardigan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails