Monday, January 9, 2012

New Year's Quilt



This was a donation to my kids' school, for auction at their fancy New Year's Eve fundraiser.  I really LOVE how it turned out - it was hard to let it go.
Last fall I asked other parents to donate old dress shirts or fabric.  With only a dozen shirts I made this, using two old cotton sheets I already had.  All I bought was the cotton batting (50% off at Joanns).  I had some piecing left over so made a stripey back - I love quilts with the back pieced too.   The pattern is available for free online at Amy Butler's site (with many others - this is called Thea's Puzzle Quilt and is about 2/3 down the page)  Finished size is 64" square, a nice lap quilt or for the foot of the bed.


Of course, I forgot to take any photos until I was delivering it, so we had to hold it up quickly in a dark room, hence the shadowy photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails